Tuesday, August 15, 2017

"Reflecting Pool," A Solo Show, and Gallery Gratitude

 "Reflecting Pool"
14 x 18 inches, oil on canvas
Sold

Ta Da! My sole solo show of 2017 opened earlier this month at Brackenwood Gallery on Whidbey Island, Washington, and I got to be there in person to enjoy the festivities. 

I've been saving this painting, "Reflecting Pool," not blogging it, waiting for this show to open. It's the last - the final! - painting I will be posting from my artist's residency at Playa earlier this year, and it's my favorite piece made there - my favorite of the twenty paintings that I brought home from that powerful, miraculous month of work. 

Here it is, hanging in the gallery:


 And here is another shot of the show:


Here I am posing after the opening with the other artist who has a solo show in the gallery right now, Pete Jordan. His beautiful Whidbey Island landscapes are such a perfect counterpoint to my still lives... majestic in every way!


Thank you, Brackenwood, for making me look so good!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful, elegant piece of work.

It's easy to think that all art is "just of the tangible object" (e.g., the bowl, the pine tree, the staircase, the napkin, etc.) but this really underscores how lovely cast shadows and "cast highlights" can be. Every piece there (including the table) visually "influences" every other one, and I love how you've accorded substance and respect to shadow and light. Lovely colors, too. Well done.

Sarah Sedwick Studio said...

Thank you so much, Joanne! I love the phrase "cast highlights," and will be using it in the future! Thanks again. - Sarah

cheryl meehan said...

Sarah, it's a beautiful painting. I love the composition. Good luck with your show and thanks so much for for your videos. You inspired me to paint with the Zorn palette.

Sarah Sedwick Studio said...

Thanks, Cheryl! So glad to hear that you were inspired to try Zorn. It's a great palette. -Sarah

Helene Adamson said...

I admire all your paintings, Sarah, but this is absolute perfection. Composition, technique, palette, and pure artistry are all showcased beautifully. It has a lovely "calmness" about it, too, a pristine balance that is a delight to the senses.

Like many others I much appreciate the experience you generously share in your videos. Thank you, Sarah.